Herringbone flooring, which is also known as parquet block flooring is one of the most distinctive and recognizable hardwood floors. Rather than planks of flooring, the herringbone pattern is made up of smaller blocks of flooring that can be laid in a variety of geometric patterns, with the most common pattern being herringbone. It is important to remember that ‘herringbone’ refers to the pattern and style of flooring and not the color or surface finish.
Herringbone flooring can immediately transform any traditional or contemporary space with its luxurious appeal and distinctive character. It is an ideal choice if you want a durable and long-lasting hardwood floor that gives some extra charm and attraction to your home.
- Engineered 18mm wood flooring suitable for any budget
- Generous 4mm sandable depth will allow you to sand and refinish your floor many times
- The engineered construction is more stable than solid wood which means it is less likely to gap, warp or cup
- Classic grade allows for small to medium size knots, color variation, splits, and mineral streaks for the most natural look
- Narrow planks will make smaller rooms look bigger, fixed lengths that replicate the look of solid parquet wood floors
- Beveled on all 4 sides for a subtle plank definition
- The Smoked brushed and oiled finish gives an authentic, distressed look as it produces a characteristic floor and potentially gives your home more of a traditional appearance
Please ensure this flooring is installed by an experienced floor fitter or other competent professional.
- Full stick, secret nails, or T&G screws for solid, well-secured feel
- Suitable for underfloor heating and all areas except bathrooms and wetrooms
- Shorter acclimatization period comparing to solid wood, ready to fit in a couple of days
- Please see the installation manual for further information