What precisely is high gloss laminate flooring?
Have you ever wanted to see what high gloss laminate flooring (also known as the piano finish) looks like? Consider a Grand Piano with a smooth and shining surface, nearly like glass. This is how high gloss laminate flooring is supposed to look. This flooring is highly reflective and has a high gloss. It will glisten in the light, and its surface will reflect whatever is on it.
Advantages of high gloss laminate flooring
- One of the primary advantages of high gloss laminate flooring is its ease of installation. It has a groove and tongue system, and no adhesive is needed because the floors already have strong glue. When you consider that you may save installation charges by "doing it yourself," it's easy to see why it's one of the finest offers in the wood flooring market.
- It is also simple to care for and maintain, and you won't have to spend much time cleaning it. Simply use a conventional mop or vacuum, and you're done! Also, unlike other types of wood floors, high gloss laminate flooring does not discolour and does not exhibit indications of wear and tear. If you're asking why it's because its surface is veneer.
- It is available in a variety of specimens, finishes such as oak or teak, and designs.
- It is a highly durable form of flooring that can be used in high-traffic areas.
- It is wear-resistant, so it will last a long time, depending on how well you handle it.
High Gloss Laminate Flooring Maintenance Guide
Our High Gloss Laminate Flooring is a very popular product; the sleek gloss finish that distinguishes it from other laminates has proven to be a success with consumers all over the UK. We are frequently asked how to care for it; therefore, we have compiled the following advice to assist you in correctly caring for your High Gloss Laminate Flooring and ensuring that it looks its best for as long as possible.
Cleaning in General
- Sweep the floor on a daily basis, or use the hard floor attachment to vacuum the flooring. Clean in corners and along skirting boards using various vacuum cleaner attachments. This is done on a regular basis to eliminate debris or abrasive material that could scratch the floor.
- Weekly or as needed, mop the floor with a cotton mop that has been lightly wet with warm water.
- Remove any furniture or small rugs from the room.
- Examine the floor for crayons, tar, lipstick, shoe polish, ink stains, and cigarette burns. Scrub the stains away carefully with a soft cloth and nail polish remover or denatured alcohol.
- Dust the floor gently with a dust mop or vacuum with the vacuum cleaner's hard floor attachment.
- Combine 1/4 cup vinegar and 1-quart warm water in a solution.
- Cleaning the floor in 4-foot-square parts. Wring out a cotton mop until it is moist but not dripping with the solution.
Wrap a dust mop in an absorbent towel and promptly dry the floor after mopping each 4-foot section.
What You Will Need
- Cleaner of carpets
- a cotton swab
- Soft, absorbing fabric
- The dust mop
- Cotton mop with vinegar
- Floor cleaners designed for laminated hardwood floors are available from manufacturers.
- Combine 1/3 cup ammonia with 1-gallon warm water as an alternative floor cleanser.
- Install rugs in the hallway in front of outdoor doors to catch the majority of the dirt, pebbles, or water people bring in.
- On laminated floors, never use detergent-based cleansers.
- Wax should not be applied to a high-gloss laminated floor.
- Allowing laminated floors to air-dry is not recommended; instead, dry any wet spots quickly with a soft, absorbent towel.
How Can I Remove Scratches from High-Gloss Laminate Flooring?
You adore your easy step flooring high-gloss laminate flooring. It looks nice, is easy to maintain, and makes your entire home feel warm and inviting. High-gloss laminate flooring, on the other hand, is easily scratched. We'll explain how to remove scratches from high-gloss laminate flooring below:
WD-40, like duct tape, has several applications, including removing scratches from high-gloss laminate floors. Apply some WD-40 to a clean kitchen cloth and begin rubbing. You don't have to worry about WD-40 inflicting more damage to your flooring because its chemicals are harmless.
Toothpaste has chemicals that are ideal for removing scratches from high-gloss laminate floors. You start rubbing after dabbing some toothpaste onto a spare cloth or kitchen rag. The scruff mark, scrapes, and skin marks should fade or disappear altogether.
Eraser made of rubber
Surprisingly, scuff marks respond nicely to rubber, such as the end of a pencil with a rubber eraser. Any rubber will suffice, including the sole of a tennis shoe. Rubber will assist in removing scuff marks because they are often rubber residue from other rubber that has stuck to your high-gloss laminate flooring.
Invest in an industrial cleaner to remove scratches and marks from your high-gloss laminate flooring. Just make sure the cleaner's chemicals are gentle and non-abrasive. Another excellent approach is to test a small area before sprinkling the cleaner all over your flooring.
High Gloss Laminate Flooring at Easy Step Flooring
We're Easy Step Flooring, the gloss laminate flooring experts in the UK. We specialise in high-gloss laminate flooring and laminate flooring installation. We have assembled a select and focused assortment of laminate flooring to deliver attractive high-gloss floors to our customers across the UK as a leading provider of top-quality high-gloss flooring goods. We have the appropriate floor for everyone, with a wide range of textures and colours to choose from, including designer white gloss flooring and traditional wood textures that can help you get the look of a natural wooden floor.
Easy Step Flooring provides significant discounts and additional benefits to clients who purchase high-gloss flooring. When you buy high-gloss laminate flooring from us, you receive a luxurious, flawless look for a fraction of the amount you'd pay at most retail sources. Please contact us immediately if you would like a sample of our stylish white gloss flooring, sleek black gloss flooring, or classic walnut and oak varieties.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is high gloss laminate a wise choice?
Super shiny glossy laminates are ideal for adding style to your more modern settings. Furthermore, HD gloss laminates can lend depth to small areas because of their light-reflective qualities. As a result, they will appear more spacious and open.
Is high gloss laminate easily scratched?
While the brilliant finish of high gloss laminate flooring can be quite appealing, the shine also makes the floor easily display scuffs, scrapes, and scratches. This is owing to the fact that light is easily reflected off the floor's surface, effectively displaying any damage.
Is high gloss laminate long-lasting?
Other advantages of high gloss laminate flooring include its availability in a variety of species, finishes such as oak or teak, and designs. In addition, it is a highly durable form of flooring that can be used in high-traffic areas.
What is the lifespan of high gloss laminate?
The average lifespan of laminate flooring ranges from 5 to 10 years, depending on where the floor is laid, the amount of wear and strain, and the quality of your product. Unfortunately, your floor is easily the most used section of your home and receives the greatest foot traffic on a regular basis.
How do you clean a high-gloss floor?
To avoid obtuse flooring, use moderate cleaning products. Cleaning chemicals such as vinegar, warm water, or lemon juice can be used in half a bucket of water. When cleaning your high-gloss tiles, never use acid or bleach. Using these products can permanently damage your tiles.
Is high gloss laminate slick to the touch?
Glossy laminate flooring is often smooth and can be slick to walk on. Matte finishes can be smooth as well; however, many laminate flooring materials with this finish have a grainy or scraped texture.
Does laminate reduce the value of a home?
The previous flooring will also influence whether laminate increases or decreases a home's value. For example, the value may increase if the laminate replaces old, worn carpet or sheet vinyl.
Is high gloss laminate suitable for a kitchen?
With their shining appearance, high gloss laminates add a sense of brightness and energy to the kitchen. They can be used on a variety of surfaces, including countertops and cabinets.
Can I clean my laminate flooring with a steam mop?
No, unfortunately. Because laminate flooring is susceptible to heat and moisture, the moisture from your steam mop might cause damage. It will not cause as much harm as a wet mop, but it may cause your floor to warp, loosen, or peel over time.
How do you avoid brush strokes when using a high gloss?
Load the brush with gloss paint and wipe away any excess before painting very carefully and lightly in long strokes to achieve one final coat of shine while avoiding brush marks.