Laminate flooring is hard-wearing and a popular choice for many households, available in many styles to suit any taste you can create a warm and inviting space. We here at Easy Step Flooring are here to guide you to make the right decision.
Laminate flooring is a wood-based product made up of layers that are bonded together in the pressing process. The surface layer is often textured to replicate wood flooring.
- Top Layer – this is a transparent paper layer that gives resistance to wear and tear, exposure to sun, impact and water.
- Décor Pattern Layer – this is where the design is printed usually this is a photograph of the wood or stone the laminate is replicating.
- High Density Fibre layer – This layer adds stability and strength to help moisture from seeping through, this layer also carries the click system generally the thicker the HDF layer the stronger the click system
- Backing Layer – This backing protects the moisture from below and also acts as a balancer for the paper on the upper face to prevent warping.
Reasons for Choosing Laminate Flooring:
A laminate flooring has durability and high resistance because:
- The high-density backing board means that it is impact resistant and not deformed by the weight of the furniture.
- The surface makes it resistant to stains and will not fade from exposure to the sun.
Laminate flooring is easy to clean and maintain:
- For everyday use, all you need to do is broom, vacuum or mop and to keep it looking perfect it requires a damp wrung out microfibre mop, no polishes or waxes of any kind are needed.
- Stains don’t normally settle on this type of flooring except the most common ones like wine, fingerprints, grease can be simply washed off with a damp cloth. Stubborn stains such as paint can be cleaned with acetone on a rag or vinegar which acts as a cleaning agent and will break down any stains.
If you love the pattern and texture of wooden flooring but don’t want to spend too much money then a laminate floor is a great alternative. Over the years the type of designs has changed we find it tricky to identify laminate flooring compared to real wood flooring.
If you suffer from allergies caused by dust or asthma laminate flooring is a fantastic option the dirt and dust are simply easy to clean especially when compared to carpets where the dust can settle.
Easy to Install:
Installing laminate floors that are fitted with a click mechanism makes it really easy to install even if you aren’t a DIY expert. The laminate boards simply click together and locked in place effortlessly just like putting a jigsaw puzzle together!